Photo: Heidrun Löhr / Dancers: Laure Bachelot (UK) & Luke Campbell (AU)
BEYOND TECHNIQUE – SEARCHING FOR AUTHENTICITY
Masterclass / Workshop
Class Level: Open (intermediate skill level)
Class description: ‘Beyond Technique’ is a practical workshop designed to challenge and inspire participants to search for and embody authentic quality of movement derived from their lived experience. Pitched to suit a range of experience including emerging and professional artists of diverse cultural background, non-stereotypical performers and people with different physicality interested in inclusive creative process.
‘Beyond Technique’ is suitable for people with some dance/movement experience interested in developing an awareness of improvisation techniques to inform the beginnings of creating new work.
This masterclass is not exclusive for people with and without a disability and is transferable from children to adult aged participants with varying dance experience.
This masterclass / workshop has been presented in Australia, Finland, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan at the following venues:
- National Dance Forum’s Dance Your Heart Out at the Australian Ballet Centre Melbourne
- Arts Activated Conference at Carriageworks, Sydney
- Accessible Arts NSW Dance Symposium Carriageworks, Sydney
- This is not art – Crack Theatre Festival, Newcastle
- Options Tertiary Dance Festival Adelaide College of the Arts, Adelaide
- Global daCi/WDA Dance Summit at the Taipei National University of the Arts, TAIWAN
- Zuoying Senior High School, TAIWAN
- Boyd Education Centre at the Bundanon Trust NSW South Coast
- Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts Brisbane
- Zodiak – Centre for New Dance Helsinki, FINLAND
- Centre for Community Cultural Development, HONG KONG
- Jewish Museum and Tolerance Centre Moscow, RUSSIA
- WDAS Asia Pacific Dance Bridge at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, SINGAPORE