What we do
While delivering specialised projects that meet individual needs of the people we work with, our Dance Integrated Australia // Education Team (consisting of highly experienced artists with and without a disability) challenges participants to alter their experience of dance in a creatively empowering, fun and supportive environment.
Reaching out to schools and community groups, mentoring individuals and artists with disability, emerging and established dancers, dance companies and organisations wanting to develop their cultural community development programs, Philip Channells // Dance Integrated Australia work inclusively with the very young to the older generations – including people with sensory and physical impairment or learning difficulties and non-disabled people.
For an example of Philip’s work in the community, click here
BEYOND TECHNIQUE – SEARCHING FOR AUTHENTICITY
Class Level Intermediate
Class description ‘Beyond Technique’ is a masterclass designed to challenge and inspire dancers to look for a new and authentic quality of movement from within. Pitched at disabled and non-disabled artists keen to explore a creative process in an integrated, inclusive environment. ‘Beyond Technique’ is suitable for people with some dance experience interested in developing an awareness of improvisation techniques to inform the beginnings of creating new work.
(NB: This masterclass is not exclusively for people with and without a disability and is transferable from children to adult aged participants with varying dance experience).
This masterclass has been presented at the following venues:
- National Dance Forum’s Dance Your Heart Out at the Australian Ballet Centre Melbourne
- Arts Activated Conference at Carriageworks Sydney
- Accessible Arts NSW Dance Symposium Carriageworks Sydney
- This is not art – Crack Theatre Festival Newcastle
- Options Tertiary Dance Festival Adelaide
- Global daCi/WDA Dance Summit at the Taipei National University of the Arts, Taiwan
- Zuoying Senior High School, Taiwan
- Boyd Education Centre at the Bundanon Trust, NSW South Coast
- Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts, Brisbane
- Zodiak – Centre for New Dance, Helsinki Finland
Photo: Arne Hauge